January 12, 2015

Apple Pie Parfait


STILL on the breakfast theme!

I'm so very sorry (actually, I'm completely and totally NOT) but I can't help it! Breakfast has always been one of my favorite meals of the day, with dinner following close behind. I'm also a huge fan of the whole before-bed snack, but the popcorn I put in the microwave can't really count as a recipe.

So you all get breakfast.

All day, every day.

Don't worry, though. I have some biscuits, salads, and snacks coming up! There has been a bit of change around here within the past week, too. It's one that I'm still adapting to: the new layout of the blog. Now it feels a bit more spacious, almost, when I look at it now. I tried to make it a bit cleaner, and overall have a more straightforward and simple look.
Kind of matching that overall goal of simplicity is this recipe today. Just like the last one, I feel a little bad even calling it a recipe? Only four ingredients make up this delicious parfait, which basically tastes like an apple pie in a cup. I mean, don't get me wrong-- if you gave me a piece of apple pie, put it in a cup, and gave it to me, I would eat it for breakfast, too. But... that doesn't exactly match the goals of a healthy lifestyle, does it?

(Maybe sometimes.)

This is a great way to pack in some calcium and protein, along with satisfying a sweet tooth. I suppose that you could also use this as a type of healthy dessert, because it's just that good. You have creamy yogurt, sweet graham cracker, and tender apples all topped with some aromatic cinnamon. It's a home run as far as breakfast goes.



Um, YUM!
 

Crustless Apple Pie Parfait
Serves 1     

Ingredients:

  • 6 oz fat free vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 medium apple, your choice (I love Gala)
  • 1tsp graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/8tsp cinnamon

Instructions:

  1. Cut the apple into small cubes, then stick in the microwave and cook on full power for 1 minute.
  2. Combine graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon.
  3. To build parfait, layer 1/2 the yogurt with 1/2 the apple cubes; repeat with remaining yogurt and apples, then top with cinnamon-graham mixture.
Nutritional Information:
Sodium: 113mg
Total Fat: 0g
      Saturated: 0g
      Trans: 0g
Protein: 3g
Sugar: 32g
Calories: 172
Bonus: 27%DV of Calcium!

No comments:

Post a Comment